So, what kinds of jobs are available in Cyber Security? See below. Remember, these jobs are needed in all industries, especially healthcare and finance. This list is not an exclusive list but it may give you an idea as to possible career options.
- Security Manager
- Malware Analyst
- Information Security Officer
- IT Security Project Manager
- Database Security Analyst
- Security Administrator
- Firewall Administrator
- Intrusion Detection Specialist
- Security and Privacy Consultant
- IT Security Trainer
- Application Security Analyst
- Digital Forensics
- Data Security and Privacy Attorney
- Backup and Restore Administrators
- Ethical Hacker
- Identity and Access Managers
- Windows Security Administrator
Educating Future Cyber Security Professionals
The math is simple: High demand for skilled cyber security experts, and not enough supply of qualified candidates. The (ISC)² Foundation aims to bridge this gap by providing future information security professionals with scholarships to prepare them for a challenging career in this industry. Read the requirements Scholarship-rules-updated-2012.
The scholarship application period will open January 1, 2013 and will close at midnight on March 31, 2013 EDT.
(ISC)² Information Security Scholarships Have Real Impact